2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Friday, February 17, 2012

A weak week.

It's officially the weekend and though  I didn't completely bonk the running it was a slower week.

I think I've done only 21 miles so far.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a 16-17 miler which might be my last long run before the Shamrock marathon.  We'll see.  I'm not much of a planner so que sera sera.  I am gonna buy me some more CANDY  to eat on the run though.  I prefer skittles.

Sometimes I don't feel like running at all.  And I don't.  I did not feel like running yesterday even though I got out of school early at 4 and it was still daylight and 50 degrees.  Perfect weather.  But I didn't.  It's hard to keep going and going and running and praying and hoping.

It feels like I'm losing a lot of the time.  It feels like LIFE is losing a lot of the time.  Maybe it's because my facebook & twitter are blown up with Pro-Life news but since when do you get arrested for praying outside of the White House?  Since when can providers choose not to do something?  Since when can the U.S. President force this upon practitioners like me?  It's so upsetting.

And when I get upset and don't feel like I can do anything, I remember:


"This is my Father's world: why should my heart be sad?  The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!  God reigns; let the earth be glad!"

And it is such a beautiful world with beautiful things like new nieces/nephews on the way, marathons up-and-coming, telling patients, "Congratulations, you're pregnant!" (got to tell a patient that on Valentine's Day!)

It's beautiful because it's being made new.  Just like my tired body rebuilds each night so I can run again each morning.  All things NEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment