2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

26.2 PEOPLE

I interrupt my 12 hour school day during this test review to ASK A QUESTION:

WHICH MILE OF MY MARATHON DO YOU WANT ME TO PRAY FOR YOU ON?


I have a tradition of dedicating miles, laps in the pool, or miles on the bike to praying for individuals.  My last marathon I brought a 3x5 index card on the race with 26 names.  One name for every mile.  I prayed, or attempted to pray through the pain, for each name I wrote down.

It's a challenge added to a challenge but when I decided I'd run after Jesus, I decided I'd run after Jesus.  When Paul says to pray without ceasing, I didn't think Paul+Holy Spirit = Word of God were kidding.

Why not when I run?

26 miles of prayer for 26 + PEOPLE that make the world into a world of the image of God.  Do you realize that?  Without people, there would be no IMAGE OF GOD on earth.  We are image-bearers.  We are people.  We matter.  You matter.

Will you let me pray for you?  Which mile?

If you say miles 1-10, I'll be more alert and my miles will be faster.  Miles 10-20, I'll be slightly slower (longer prayer), but a little dehydrated.  Miles 20-26, I'll just be praying for mercy for myself, and you.  Let's just say those last prayers are gonna be ones of crying out in desperation.  Prayers to remove the cup, the suffering, the jarring--to bring heaven.  haha.

Take your pick.  I love you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment