2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Got Guts?

This week in PA school it's all about the gut.  So as I'm studying for infectious disease and GI disorders, I can't help but be thankful for the guts God gave me.

And when attempting a 6-miler this afternoon after class, I got hit with a bout of horrific GI cramps.  Wow, pain.  It became a painful 3-miler with much walking (and I won't mention what I did in some "woods" I found in this neighborhood...).  And so I am thankful that, for the most part, I have good guts that usually don't backfire.  And a shortened training run is fine by me.

Folks, sometimes listening to our bodies is the best medicine.

On a side note, I am praying for any physical pain and emotional scars women and men have from sexual abuse, abortion, STIs, or sex addictions.  My God is the ultimate healer of the physical guts and organs, and but mostly the internal soul.  We just started our women's health unit and it blows my mind that in a couple years I could be serving women and their babies in clinic!

One of my prof loves comics:


No comments:

Post a Comment