2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Running for Blueridge Women's Center

I've been running since I was 14 but I've been Pro-Life since I was -.75 years old. I've completed 2 marathons, the first when I was 17 and the second last February. I never really stop running and I never really stop thinking about how I can help women in my community receive compassionate prenatal care. I moved to Roanoke, Virginia in August and immediately found out where women who need loving counsel when they are in crisis pregnancies would go. I found the Blueridge Women's Center I found a place that has helped over 20,000 women in the past 25 years get help, find referrals, see ultrasounds of their babies, and most importantly, find Jesus. I'm a full, full-time PA student. I can't be at Blueridge counseling or volunteering most of the time. And 99% of my income is from government subsidized loans. But when I see pregnant women at the store, at my school, or at my church I want them to be able to get FREE services from amazing staff and volunteers. I want Blueridge Women's Center to keep helping women choose life. I want to run FOR something, for someones. 2012 is a big year. Olympics, elections, and maybe even the end of the world. And I want 2012 to be a big year for Blueridge Women's Center. And maybe, the $2,012 WE donate can make that happen. 2012 can be the year that women in my little valley in my little community, in my little state see love in a very tangible, here-are-free-diapers-for-your-baby way. Ready. Set. Run fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment