2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Whole life lovin'

I just got back from such an encouraging Sunday night church service.  It was just so great to pray for the gospel to bear fruit and grow and that life will be valued.  My pastor talked about James 1:27,

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

And it was cool because today I remembered one of my favorite books, There's No Me Without You, which is about one women who did look after orphans.

And it's convicting because as I've witnessed in my time rotating in the ER, kids, especially sick kids are hard to love.  They don't wanna talk or play and they hate it when you shove otoscopes in their ears.  Old people, especially demented widows are hard to love.  Their bodies and their hearts and their minds need so much concern.  And I was reminded by my pastor that the biggest accusation against pro-lifers is that they're "pro-birth" but that's it.  We just leave people abandoned.  I don't believe that the TRUE CHURCH does that but I think cultural Christianity does.

So, how can we not abandon our orphans and widows?

I'm a runner, not a good one but I do run.  I'm not a jogger.  The reason I'm a marathoner is I'm willing to DO IT EVERY DAY.  That's how habits start, then identity. 

We have to Love every day.  I'm not doing this well right now, but God is transforming.  Serve someone, anyone, and that's what will prove that we as pro-lifers are WHOLE LIFE.

We care about the whole person, regardless of their choices or failures.  

And I truly believe that orphans and widows, preborns and Alzheimer's people, will be cared for.

RUNNNNNnnnn!

No comments:

Post a Comment