2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pass/Fail

It's six sleeps away and there's not a whole lot you can do at this point to prep for a marathon.  I know a little about marathons but I don't know quite as much about marathons as I do about exams.  I know a lot about exams which is a perk of spending six figures in higher education.

You can cram for exams and it can work.  But you can't cram for a marathon because the human body doesn't work like the human brain.  Yes, there is this great difference between exams and marathons but I will share with you the great similarity.

Some exams are pass/fail.
My marathon is pass/fail.

You don't study for a pass/fail exam.  You take it and hope for the best.  Usually you pass just 'cause deep down inside you know stuff from somewhere that pulls you through to achieve that 69.5% you need.

My marathon expectations are similar.  Deep down inside I have the mental acumen to make it up 3 mountains, through 26.2 grueling miles, and yet still smile at the end knowing, "I passed."

Training/shmaining.  Let's do this thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment