2,012 miles for $2,012 blueridgewomen.org

It's easy, just donate via FUNDEASY . Just $1.00 at a time. Love is a mile-by-mile kind of thing.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

NUMBERS!

Numbers became even more important this week.

I'm about 11 miles behind for the year.
I ran 5 miles in 58 minutes.
I ate 12 donuts in that 58 minutes (thanks to Melissa for waiting on me!).
Those donuts had 2400 kcals and 144 grams of fat.
I somehow have to maintain a 3.0 gpa which means I can't get all 75s on tests--haha.

Oh numbers!

But the real number that alerted me to my numerical week was 54 million.
When I first became Pro-Life about 3 years ago I knew this number: 50 million.  50 million had been aborted since Roe v. Wade.  I spouted that number and wept over that number.  And even TRIED to contemplate that number of people.  50 million.

I realized this week that it's 54 million now.  I have to now say 54 million.  In the time I've been Pro-life there have been 4 million abortions.  I'm so sorry about that.  It's a number I wish would stay stagnant. 

So here's to changing numbers, to burning calories, and giving God all my prayers and thoughts so 54 million stays stagnant...somehow. 

And I'm so thankful that I can do dumb things in LIFE like the K2 challenge and that I have beautiful friends like Melissa who drag me through it!  It's great to be alive.  






No comments:

Post a Comment